Professor John Britton – Professor of Epidemiology, Director of the UK Centre for Tobacco Control Studies, leader of the tobacco advisory group for the Royal College of Physicians.
“If all the smokers in Britain stopped smoking cigarettes and started smoking e cigarettes we would save 5 million deaths in people who are alive today. It’s a massive potential public health prize.”
Welcome to Vape Location, a new website for a new generation of e cigarettes and vape users in the UK. We aim to cater for the growing band of people making the move from conventional cigarettes to ecigs and vaping.
This website is a trusted guide to:
- Choosing the best ecig
- Finding a good place to buy one
- Finding good places to enjoy them in
This website puts users first, and will not try to sell you anything at all. Instead we want to guide and advise you, and our first piece of advice is to find your nearest bricks-and-mortar ecig store.
Why? Well when we first started we relied on websites and ecommerce to buy ecigs, and spent a lot of money on devices that frankly didn’t work. If you go to a real store, you will get a chance to try a variety of devices which deliver that cigarette experience you crave:
- Great levels of vapour. Let’s face it, we love inhaling a good volume of ‘smoke’ in, holding it, and breathing it out. Many ecigs don’t do this – we’ll guide you to the ones that do.
- A great throat hit. This you get from real cigarettes, but many ecigs simply don’t deliver this. We’ll guide you to devices that supply this every time.
- Always available. We’ll show you how to ensure you are always equipped and ensure that even when your resolve is weakened by alcohol on a night out, you still don’t steal a Marlboro Light from your mate.
The primary goal of Vape Location is to help people who are currently smoking tobacco to use ecigs instead. There are currently 9 million smokers in the UK, and approximately 2 million ecig users. We sincerely hope these numbers will be reversed over the next decade. We found when starting out in ecigs that it was a busy, complicated world, full of scrappy looking websites that promised a lot but didn’t always deliver. We want to guide you in finding the best ecig for you, and once you’ve found it, find the best places where you can enjoy them, not get funny looks, and not get told off by a school prefect (and let’s face it, we never liked that).
Indeed, the fact that it isn’t clear where you can and can’t use ecigs is another reason we set this website up.
We hope you like it, and please don’t ever smoke a cigarette ever again.
If the store is any good, they will be able to give useful advice and help you find your ‘brand.’ The world of cigarettes is relatively easy: everyone knows their favourite brand. The world of ecigs and vaping is bewildering. There is a huge range of devices, batteries, ‘tanks’ (the part of an ecig that contains the vaping liquid), liquids, nicotine strengths, flavours and all the rest.